Canadian Women in the Literary Arts (CWILA) is currently seeking volunteers to form a team of translators.
The CWILA translators would work collaboratively to translate written materials from English to French. This year, CWILA is including French language publications in its annual Count of book reviews by gender. As we prepare to launch these statistics in the fall of 2014, we will require a wide range of written material to be translated. Additionally, translation will continue into 2015 as CWILA works to become a fully bilingual organization.
Items requiring English to French translation may include:
– Essays and interviews with writers, editors & publishers to be published on cwila.com
– Research methodologies & procedures
– Press releases & media communications
– Fundraising letters, newsletters, & other membership communications
– Website content & social media posts
Skills & Experience:
– Experience working as an English to French translator
– Excellent written & verbal communication skills
– Ability to work collaboratively on projects remotely via email communication
– Self-directed, efficient & organized
– Interest in social justice, feminisms and Canadian literary communities a strong asset.
These are part-time volunteer positions that can be expected to take 10-15 hours / month. The work can be done at anytime of day and from anywhere with internet access.
Interested applicants should submit a brief statement of intent and a list of relevant experience (in the body of the e-mail) by Wednesday August 6th, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We particularly welcome and encourage submissions from people with disabilities, trans* people, Indigenous people, as well as other women, and/or trans* people of colour.
We look forward to hearing from you!