CWILA is seeking a volunteer to select book reviews for syndication on cwila.com.
The role of the Book Reviews Syndicator is to:
- Be aware of the landscape of critical engagement with literature in Canada.
- Maintain an active discourse with women or trans* critics.
- Select high-quality reviews (notable for depth of critical engagement, strength of voice and writing style, and ability to incite further discussion) for syndication on the CWILA site.
- Obtain permission from the author and original publisher for syndication and take care of any logistical concerns that may arise because of syndication.
- Preface each review published with a critical introduction.
- Actively incite engagement and discussion about the syndicated reviews via social media.
- Actively solicit review recommendations through engagement with the larger culture of Canadian criticism.
This is a part-time position that can be expected to take 12-15 hours / month. The work can be done at anytime of day and from anywhere with internet access. Interested applicants should submit a brief statement of intent and a list of relevant experience (in the body of the e-mail) by Friday March 7th, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We particularly welcome and encourage submissions from people with disabilities, trans* people, Indigenous people, as well as other women and/or trans* people of colour.
We look forward to hearing from you!